Without having a crystal ball to see how your upcoming wedding day will unfold, should you consider purchasing wedding insurance? The vote is split in many cases. Are you a gambler or would you feel more comfortable knowing some of the money spent could possibly be recovered if you experience a tragedy or loss?
Before you sign your name on the dotted line and hand over a hefty premium, take into consideration these questions:
- Exactly what does the policy cover?
- What type of documentation do you need to provide?
- Is the policy written by a company that you can research/recognize as a national company with a rating thru the Better Business Bureau?
- How long does it take to get a refund?
- Are the funds paid directly to you?
- Does the cost of the insurance warrant the return of funds?
Whether a particular loss is covered depends on the specific facts and the provisions, exclusions and limits of the actual policy. Please plan to read the entire policy for a complete description of coverage before forwarding a premium. Coverage options, limits, discounts and deductibles are subject to individuals meeting the underwriting criteria and state availability.
For more ideas and tips, follow me on my Facebook page! Lisa Kenward Events
Want to copy my post in your newsletter, blog or website? You can as long as you include: “Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (and surrounding areas) Accredited Wedding Planner, Lisa Kenward, writes the “Southern Weddings Blog” with her perspective on current topics for weddings and special events. http://www.LisaKenwardEvents.com