My message is addressed to soon-to-be brides who are looking for a wedding package with everything they need and want for their special day. Don’t do it! Wedding packages are created not with you in mind but make the process easier for the wedding planner, photographer, caterer or baker just to name a few. Sure, there are fabulous Wedding Day Offers bundled together with a sleek silk bow but before you start researching services or sign on the dotted line, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you need all services/programs/offers listed within the package?
- Is there a discount to you if you opt-out of one or more services/programs/offers on your wedding day?
- Are you willing to negotiate the cost or do you take the package as-is?
- Got a tight budget?
- Can’t find a package within your budget?
Every wedding should be unique and tailored to the couple on their important day. A predetermined wedding package created to help the bride and groom select a specific business due to the information listed within the package doesn’t allow for an unique or creative experience. Consider creating your own list of ‘must-haves’ and ask your professional to quote accordingly.
- Look for and ask for discounts if you are doing some or all of the research
- Pick and select what you want and ask for a quote for just those responsibilities or services
A pre-packaged offer doesn’t allow for flexibility but offers specific services at a quoted price. If you get the ‘take it or leave it’ message, move on to another business owner who is flexible and willing to create your unique day – al-a-cart!
Like these ideas?? Let me know by “Liking” this post and or leaving a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas and tips, follow me on my Facebook and Twitter pages!
Want to copy my post in your newsletter, blog or website? You can as long as you include: “Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (and surrounding areas) Professional Bridal Consultant Lisa Kenward writes the “Southern Weddings Blog” with her perspective on current topics for weddings and special events. http://www.LisaKenwardEvents.com